Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Organizing and Crafty projects

So I was lucky enough to have my kids AND my hubby home for Christmas break this year.  I took the 2 weeks and worked on projects around the house that I have been putting off, or things that were bugging me and needed fixing. One thing I have had for the past few years is a list of our dinners for a 2 week time span.  I plan out meals to have and purchase groceries based on those meals, so when I go to cook I have what I need.  Well I have always done this on a piece of paper ripped out of a notebook, sometimes the back of an old sheet of paper, all in all it's always been real ugly!  Then I had the great idea to fancy it up a bit! There is this amazing product out there, CHALKBOARD VINYL!  Can you imagine the possibilities?!  Um I have this stuff all over my house!! I even have a tupperware container with a piece on the top of it, so I can write little notes to my 1st grader in his lunch! I just wipe it off the next day and write a new one...back on track to my dinner menu. Well at first I thought I will just stick a piece of chalkboard to my fridge, which is completely do-able...easy and works, but well I wanted a bit more. I have a grape themed kitchen. My kitchen is typically painted purple (and I LOVE it) and I have this awesome strand of grape lights that hubby hung around the top ceiling of the kitchen.  So when I saw the amazing Wine Country kit from Aimee Harrison, well it basically looked like my kitchen so I had to have it!  And this is how I fancied up my menu! I made an 8 X 10 background using her fabulous kit, and while I was designing it I had a black rectangle on my canvas as well to show me where my chalkboard vinyl was going to go, once I was happy with it I deleted the rectangle and saved my background. I sent it off and had it printed at my local photo shop.

 
This is how it looked when I got it.  Then I ran it through my laminator so that I could wipe it off easily and not ruin it.  Once it was laminated I cut my chalkboard vinyl rectangle and carefully stuck it right on there!  Then I hung it on my fridge and now I have a pretty menu display that works for us!  I love how this project turned out, and I love even more how well it matches my kitchen!  I am dreaming up new ways to incorporate this beautiful kit into my kitchen, I will be sure to share when I do!  You can find Aimee's kit HERE  And you can find the chalkboard vinyl HERE
 
Here it is all finished on my fridge, I spared you a photo of my whole fridge which is loaded with all sorts of pretty artwork from my babies!
 
 
I hope you enjoy this project and it inspires you to create your own menu planner using some chalkboard vinyl! You can never have enough of that stuff!
 
Amanda a.k.a A-Manda Creation
 

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this it's fantastic! I'd love to have a link to that vinyl, I do have AimeeH's kit. the links don't work as they're for the old studio store , if you have a chance can you update them, please? thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh haha I didn't realize it's so old and was never published! I don't think The Studio sells the chalkboard vinyl anymore, but it is silhouette brand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Amanda! I'll check there - I don't have a silhouette, but I have the explore which should work as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...